It's a bedtime tradition that began with Little Nutbrown Hare, and each night we try to outdo the last...I love you to the moon and back...to the beach and back...to the mountians...and one of my favorites, "to Jesus and the angels" and back...We never imagined we would be saying, I love you to Africa and back...it seems like the furthest imaginable place, but yet in God's perfect timing, we plan to go.... to Africa and back!!! And when we get back, we will have another little cheek to kiss goodnight...please keep us in your prayers and enjoy this journey with us!

Monday, June 18, 2012

Orphanage Update...

I heard from our agency caseworker regarding the orphanage in Congo, here's part of her email:

"We really feel that things are starting to move well once again in the DRC especially with our new staff that is in place.  We feel this transition was a godsend."

I'm learning very quickly in this process that all you can do is trust...to trust people whom we have never met, and maybe never will meet, to trust our hearts as we make decisions, and to most of all trust that God is in ultimate control. I know there will be lots of ups and downs during our adoption journey, and I'm realizing it will be our trust in God and His plan that will get us through! Thank you to everyone who said an extra prayer this week for the children at the orphanage!

On a lighter note...I am LOVING the "147 million orphans" merchandise!!! The shirts are really soft and share such a neat message and the original handcrafted jewelry is awesome! The beads are made in Uganda by local women and the earrings are made in Haiti. The women who make the jewelry now have jobs to help support their families, and they make some amazing pieces, of which no two look alike. I wore the earrings to work for the first time the other day and had orders for 4 pair within the first hour! I have ordered several pieces and they are selling themselves! I will try to post some pictures soon of pieces I have available for purchase, you can also view their link: 147millionorphans.com to see what is available to have me order.

As far as our homestudy, we received our first draft on Friday! We are waiting now to get the final draft so it can be submitted to our agency! Progress!!! I'll update as soon as the final draft is done and we have submitted our I600a for our Dossier. Thanks again for keeping our quest to bring our kiddo home in your prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like from the email that things are going well for you all. God bless you in the adoption! It will happen. I just know it!!It will just take alot of time but it will be worth it!

    ReplyDelete