It's a bedtime tradition that began with Little Nutbrown Hare, and each night we try to outdo the last...I love you to the moon and back...to the beach and back...to the mountians...and one of my favorites, "to Jesus and the angels" and back...We never imagined we would be saying, I love you to Africa and back...it seems like the furthest imaginable place, but yet in God's perfect timing, we plan to go.... to Africa and back!!! And when we get back, we will have another little cheek to kiss goodnight...please keep us in your prayers and enjoy this journey with us!

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Fundraising update


We're using this time to focus on fundraising... In July we had submitted our application to Lifesong hoping for a matching grant and a Both Hands project, we received our letter from them last week notifying us that we had been denied both requests. I was feeling kind of down about this, this was one of the major grants/projects we were really hoping for. But I'm learning that for each disappointment God has something else in mind. Last week I  received a phone call just out of the blue, from a friend of my family growing up, just letting me know she had made a donation to our account with our adoption agency! Then at church this weekend I was speaking with a friend and she asked how our fundraising was going. I told her about our being denied by Lifesong and she said, "but that's just ONE to tell you no."  Exactly! That's what I needed to hear...I've been working on a grant application from Show Hope for weeks now and was now feeling that maybe I was just wasting my time. But she's right, why would I be discouraged with just my first "denied"? So as of today (thank you mom for acting as my assistant today while I'm at work!) we've submitted another grant request. This same friend also told me that her family was working on "a little something" for us...it is so fun to watch God work!!! I've had a lot of people asking about our fundraising efforts, so I am going to work on (done!) putting a "fundraiser thermometer" here so everyone can see how much every single donation, no matter the amount, helps us get closer to bringing our little one home! Right now we are working on raising money for our next agency payment. When we receive our referral, in order to accept, we have to make a payment of $8,500. So far we have about $1,900 toward this goal! Thank you to everyone who has helped us with fundraising efforts, made a donation or given us a word of encouragement. We know this is more than just bringing another child into our family; Not only are we giving a child a chance of a better life, it's giving them a chance, at life... We feel so blessed that God has put adoption in our hearts and is holding our hands along the way...


This weeks memories made:

Emmaline and Dixie enjoying the greenway (Dixie is our "miracle dog" who had cancer and was given 8 weeks to live  almost 2 1/2 years ago)! She is 10 1/2 years old and loves playing and going for walks

Yep, you saw that right...kangaroos in the background :-) We took a  day trip to Kentucky Down Under where we got to pet kangaroos, watch a sheep dog herd sheep, explore a cave and Emmaine got to milk a cow! Great memories made.







No comments:

Post a Comment